These procedures are generalized and will vary from application and flooring project.
Decorative vinyl flake process.
- Starting with a clean floor, we will prep the concrete by shot-blasting or grinding.
- We will hand prep corners by scarifying or hand diamond grinding
- When the surface is well prepped we will apply (1) coat of pigmented epoxy primer.
- On the next, day given proper cure times we will apply a second coat of epoxy
with the vinyl flakes.
- This is what the vinyl flakes look like before a coat of clear epoxy is applied.
- A coat of clear epoxy is then applied to the vinyl flakes.
- A top-coat of Urethane will add chemical resistance with an additional
non-slip surface to choose from.
Prime Polymers’ concrete epoxy floor coatings are found throughout the United States.
While some epoxy floor concrete floor coating offers chemical resistance, urethanes offer better stain resistance. Click here for info on Polyurethane Floors.
For applications involving electronics/semi conductors, click here for information on ESD Floors (electrostatic discharge).